Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Overly Sentimental.. But Hey, I'm an Exchange Student!

Here I am, being all sentimental again.. But these are some of the feelings I've been having and when I made this blog, I even wrote at the top "experiences, FEELINGS, etc..." You get the picture. Lately I've been feeling a little lost.. As most of you probably know, I have a boyfriend back in Alaska. And it hasn't been a walk in the park.. Long distance relationships are difficult. So I've decided to limit my contact with people from back home. This was my original plan, but it turned out a little differently. But I need to focus on here and now, I can't be attached to things that are happening at home. I love you all.. (Nathan I hope you're reading this) But I've decided to take the leap and live in the moment. 
On another note, I've been having a pretty good week. I went to a friends house on Friday night, and then to a birthday party. Her name is Laura and she is SO sweet. She's my third host sisters close friend, but she has treated me like one of her close friends anyway :)
I went our local semi-pro soccer team on Sunday which was very fun. I had a hotdog there, but in Danish it's a little different.. It's called "pølser med brød" which literally means sausage with bread. So you eat the sausage and then the bread, you're not supposed to eat them together. I thought that was strange! This morning I was thankful for a little act of kindness given to me by particularly happy bus driver. I got off at the wrong stop, but it wasn't that far to walk to my next stop so I decided to walk. Well, the bus driver saw me and picked me up and didn't even make me pay! Of course she spoke to me in all Danish, but I just smiled and nodded my head and thanked her (in Danish!) when she finally dropped me off. To top it all off, there was a beautiful sunrise that I got to see from my the lovely bus window.
I've seen the kinder side to Denmark.. And it makes me a little happier. I know it will be hard not talking to the people I love back home, but I have been shown that there are people who care enough about me here to make sure I am happy and safe... The hardest things in life are sometimes what is best for us. You can thank my father for that little piece of advice :) 
Vi ses! 

No comments:

Post a Comment