Monday, September 23, 2013

Another Batch of Homesickness... Along with Some Happy Moments

I'm pretty sure the title of this post explains the past week- I've been going through some challenging times. I never really thought I'd miss the little comforts of home, like my own bed, chai tea, my favorite movies... But here I am, missing exactly that. I have wonderful days here, and then some days I feel a sense of lonliness that can only be accompanied with homesickness at the pit of my stomach. I won't bore you with details.. SO I guess I'll transition into some of my happy experiences in the past 10 days! I am getting along so well with my classmates; they are so sweet to me and invite me to hang out all the time. Friday night I went to a get together for all the first years at my school. We ate popcorn and watched Insidious which was completely terrifying! It's safe to say I did not sleep at all that night. But it was still loads of fun! Saturday night was very special because all three of my host families and my Rotary counselor got together for a big dinner. It was a very special moment for me because I knew that I had brought these people together, just by simply existing. I cannot explain to you the feeling that accompanied me Saturday night... But pure bliss is a good way of trying to describe it. Sunday afternoon I went to a museum in Ã…rhus with my second host family. It was a orginal buildings from different centuries, and when you walked inside it showed you how the Danish people lived, worked, and shopped during that period. It was so much fun and also very interesting. Today I was very fortunate to recieve a care package from my grandparents. I felt very accomplished because I told the postman that "I don't speak Danish".... In Danish. Oh, the irony! But the package was wonderful; it made my day so much better and I am so happy to know that the people who love me most are thinking of me. Thanks to all of you who read my blog. To end this post on a good note, I hope you all have a fantastic week; I know I will :)
 Kram fra Danmark
Hugs from Denmark, xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment