Thursday, October 10, 2013

And Let the Celebration Begin..



TO MÅNDER I DANMARK!!! Jeg er meget glad. Jeg elsker min familie, venner, skole, og Rotary Club. Det er meget flot i Danmark nu fordi det er efterår. Det er så smuk!

 
TWO MONTHS IN DENMARK!!! I am very happy. I love my family, friends, my school, and my Rotary Club. It is very nice in Denmark now because it is autumn. It is so beautiful!

...And let the celebration begin! It has been two months since I have left Alaska and I must say it feels like 2 hours. The time is flying by.. I can already see the changes in myself. I believe going on exchange is the best thing that I could have ever done. I wish everyone my age could experience what I am experiencing now... Forget about the highschool rumors and the big football game; I've already seen the Queen of Denmark, tasted pig liver (not the tastiest thing, but it's worth trying), and I am currently attending a school where learning Latin and Greek is the norm. I have grown up, and that is exactly what I needed. I now manage my own money; I pay my phone bill and I pay for my bus card. I'm broke half the time but hey, at least I'm learning responsibility! I have been blessed with the most amazing people here in Denmark. When I really think about it, I feel like I belong here, like a part of me was always destined to end up here on exchange. I agree with their ideals, I am absorbing their culture like it's second nature. I can't help but feel like I am a young child again... learning a new language, learning new customs.. I stare wide eyed at people most of the time and I find myself copying their actions; memorizing their movements. It's been a long road to get to where I am now, but I know it has been so worth it.. even the hard times here have been the best.

On a different note entirely, autumn break is rounding the corner. You know what that means! 1 week of food, friends, sleep, and lots of days spent in the comfiest clothes. But instead of enjoying the weather from indoors, I am going to be flying to Geneva in the cock pit with my host dad! He is a pilot and has invited me along to take part in this amazing adventure. This will be on Tuesday of next week. Immediately following I will be going to Copenhagen (the Capital) for a bit of shopping and some site seeing. On the days before my big adventure, I'm planning on going to a class get-together this Saturday, and then I have plans to hang out with some friends on the days prior. Sunday of course will be devoted to my unhealthy obsession of Gossip Girl (a highly addicting tv show if you didn't know). I have signed up for Netflix, but I'm planning on canceling my account after the first thirty days because it's free right now... My 2 months of exchange have taught me how to save up as much money as possible. After all, my wish list of Danish fashion items won't pay for itself. Now it's time for me to dive head first into my last day of school before break.. wish me luck!
Kram fra Danmark
(Hugs from Denmark)

1 comment:

  1. Excellent report. Thanks for the blog. Dan

    ReplyDelete